Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to the appointment. However medications may be taken with small sips of water up to two hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, reduce or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive he or she home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach upset, please notify the office.